Our unique analysis of the bills Ensign sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ensign is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Ensign sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (17%) Health (15%) Taxation (14%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (12%) Law (12%) Transportation and Public Works (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%) Economics and Public Finance (10%)
Some of Ensign’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 146 (112th): A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that it is not ...
- S. 729 (112th): A bill to validate final patent number 27-2005-0081, and for other purposes.
- S. 650 (112th): Health Care Waiver Transparency Act
- S. 549 (112th): Casting Light on EAJA Agency Records for Oversight Act of 2011
- S. 422 (112th): Passenger Vehicle Loss Disclosure Act of 2011
- S. 417 (112th): Churchill County Land Transfer Act
- S. 315 (112th): Securing Human Intelligence and Enforcing Lawful Dissemination Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2001 to May 2011, Ensign missed 104 of 3,369 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in May 2011. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: