Rep. John Fary
Former Representative from Illinois's 5th District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Illinois's 5th District
See Also: Bioguide
Fary was a moderate Democratic follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Fary’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Fary’s bills had a total of 65 cosponsors in the 97th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Fary to other members of the House of Representatives in the 97th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Fary’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6666 (97th): A bill to amend the Joint Resolution of October 19, 1965, to ...
- H.R. 6559 (97th): A bill for the relief of Muyleng Marjorie Fu-Loqui.
- H.R. 6453 (97th): Capitol Grounds Master Plan Act
- H.R. 6417 (97th): A bill to amend Public Law 96-432 relating to the United States ...
- H.R. 6347 (97th): A bill to provide free mailing privileges with respect to parcels of ...
- H.Res. 447 (97th): A resolution declaring the sense of the House with respect to the ...
- H.R. 5594 (97th): A bill to provide student assistance benefits to dependents of State and ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jul 1975 to Dec 1982, Fary missed 430 of 4,526 roll call votes, which is 9.5%. This is worse than the median of 7.2% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills