Faso was the representative for New York’s 19th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2017 to 2018.
Read our 2018 Report Card for Faso.
Faso is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2018 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Faso sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2013 to Dec 21, 2018. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Faso was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4722 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 111 Market Street in Saugerties, New York, as the “Maurice D. Hinchey Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 2292: To extend a project of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission involving the Cannonsville Dam.
- H.R. 2847: Improving Services for Older Youth in Foster Care Act
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Faso sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Faso’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7393 (115th): Medicaid Quality Care Act
- H.R. 7260 (115th): Limousine Safety Modernization Act
- H.R. 6569: RETILE Act
- H.R. 5899: School-Based Health Centers Reauthorization Act of 2018
- H.Res. 887 (115th): Supporting the designation of May as “National Lyme Disease Awareness Month”.
- H.R. 5685: Medicare Opioid Safety Education Act of 2018
- H.R. 5618: Flooded Homeowner Financial Relief Act of 2018
From Jan 2017 to Dec 2018, Faso missed 8 of 1,210 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2018. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: