Our unique analysis of the bills Fleming has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Fleming is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Fleming for more statistics.
John Fleming sits on the following committees:
Fleming sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (19%) Health (19%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Taxation (16%) Environmental Protection (13%) Immigration (6%) Economics and Public Finance (6%) Animals (6%)
Some of Fleming’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 828: Impeaching John Andrew Koskinen, Commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service, for high crimes ...
- H.Res. 798: Affirming the votes of the eight countries including the United States opposing the ...
- H.R. 5011: To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 300 Fannin ...
- H.R. 4828: Conscience Protection Act of 2016
- H.R. 4037: Keeping Oil and Natural Gas Flowing for Consumers Act
- H.R. 4035: Energy Consumers Relief Act of 2015
- H.R. 4034: Secure Fence Restoration Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Jul 2016, Fleming missed 47 of 5,646 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: