Our unique analysis of the bills Fleming has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Fleming is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Fleming for more statistics.
John Fleming sits on the following committees:
Fleming sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (19%) Taxation (16%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (16%) Environmental Protection (13%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Economics and Public Finance (10%) Animals (6%) Immigration (6%)
Some of Fleming’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6247: To provide for stability of title to certain lands in the State of ...
- H.R. 6074: Stop Taxpayer Obamacare Payouts “STOP” Act of 2016
- H.Res. 828: Impeaching John Andrew Koskinen, Commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service, for high crimes ...
- H.Res. 798: Affirming the votes of the eight countries including the United States opposing the ...
- H.R. 5011: To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 300 Fannin ...
- H.R. 4828: Conscience Protection Act of 2016
- H.R. 4037: Keeping Oil and Natural Gas Flowing for Consumers Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Fleming’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4889: Kelsey Smith Act
May 23, 2016. Failed.
H.R. 4127: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Dec 1, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 33: Protecting Volunteer Firefighters and Emergency Responders Act
Feb 27, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2009 to Sep 2016, Fleming missed 49 of 5,742 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: