2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Garamendi »
Our unique analysis of the bills Garamendi has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Garamendi is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
John Garamendi sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Garamendi sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (21%) Transportation and Public Works (21%) Arts, Culture, Religion (16%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (11%) Government Operations and Politics (11%) Water Resources Development (11%)
Some of Garamendi’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5274: Student Loan Refinancing and Recalculation Act
- H.R. 5247: California Long-Term Provisions for Water Supply and Short-Term Provisions for Emergency Drought Relief ...
- H.R. 3692: Lake Tahoe Restoration Act of 2015
- H.R. 3669: SAFE DRONE Act of 2015
- H.Res. 192: Honoring the Sikh American community’s celebration of Vaisakhi.
- H.R. 1679: Bakken Crude Stabilization Act of 2015
- H.R. 1678: National Positioning, Navigation, and Timing Resilience and Security Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Nov 2009 to May 2016, Garamendi missed 207 of 4,575 roll call votes, which is 4.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 8 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: