Our unique analysis of the bills Garamendi has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Garamendi is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Garamendi for more statistics.
John Garamendi sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Garamendi sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Transportation and Public Works (19%) Armed Forces and National Security (19%) Arts, Culture, Religion (14%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Water Resources Development (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (10%) Environmental Protection (10%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%)
Some of Garamendi’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6170: To amend the Safe Drinking Water Act with respect to the consolidation of ...
- H.R. 5274: Student Loan Refinancing and Recalculation Act
- H.R. 5247: California Long-Term Provisions for Water Supply and Short-Term Provisions for Emergency Drought Relief ...
- H.R. 3692: Lake Tahoe Restoration Act of 2015
- H.R. 3669: SAFE DRONE Act of 2015
- H.Res. 192: Honoring the Sikh American community’s celebration of Vaisakhi.
- H.R. 1679: Bakken Crude Stabilization Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Garamendi’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1735: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Oct 1, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 1599: Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act of 2015
Jul 23, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2262: SPACE Act of 2015
May 21, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 636: America’s Small Business Tax Relief Act of 2015
Feb 13, 2015. Passed.
From Nov 2009 to Sep 2016, Garamendi missed 215 of 4,885 roll call votes, which is 4.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 8 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: