Hall was the representative for New York’s 19th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2007 to 2010.
Hall is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hall sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Hall was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2877 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 76 Brookside Avenue in Chester, New York, as the “1st Lieutenant Louis Allen Post Office”.
- H.R. 3196 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 20 Sussex Street in Port Jervis, New York, as the “E. Arthur Gray Post Office ...
- H.R. 1284 (110th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2007
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Hall sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hall’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6180 (111th): To amend the conservation provisions of the Food Security Act of 1985 ...
- H.R. 6033 (111th): Higher Education Affordability Act of 2010
- H.R. 6034 (111th): To amend title 36, United States Code, to designate the musical piece ...
- H.R. 5868 (111th): Safe Drill Act of 2010
- H.R. 5609 (111th): To amend the Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995 to prohibit any person ...
- H.R. 5077 (111th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the alternative ...
- H.R. 4637 (111th): Help Small Businesses Start and Grow Act of 2010
|Hall’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 3087 (110th): A bill to require the Secretary of Defense to submit to Congress reports on the status of ...
Oct 2, 2007. Passed 377/46.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2010, Hall missed 110 of 3,531 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: