Hickenlooper is the junior senator from Colorado and is a Democrat. He has served since Jan 3, 2021. Hickenlooper is next up for reelection in 2026 and serves until Jan 3, 2027.
John Hickenlooper sits on the following committees:
Hickenlooper was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Hickenlooper sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Hickenlooper recently introduced the following legislation:
- S. 4390: Accelerated Approval Transparency Act
- S. 4154: Simplifying Small Business Retirement Savings Act
- S. 4153: Incentivizing Small Business Retirement Savings Act
- S. 4044: REPLACE Act
- S. 3814: Modernizing Biosurveillance Capabilities and Epidemic Forecasting Act
- S. 3692: NET Act
- S. 3693: Upper Colorado and San Juan River Basins Recovery Act
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2021 to Jun 2022, Hickenlooper missed 1 of 770 roll call votes, which is 0.1%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills