Our unique analysis of the bills Hiler sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hiler is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Hiler’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 642 (101st): Designating October 1 through 7, 1990, as “National Customer Service Week”.
- H.R. 4831 (101st): American Jobs Stability Act of 1990
- H.R. 3885 (101st): Relating to the treatment and disposal of solid waste, authorizing States to ...
- H.R. 3115 (101st): To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to provide for ...
- H.R. 3114 (101st): To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to increase the ...
- H.Res. 226 (101st): Prohibiting use of the official expenses allowance of Members of the House ...
- H.R. 3116 (101st): To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to eliminate a ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1981 to Oct 1990, Hiler missed 101 of 4,443 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is better than the median of 4.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1990. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills