2014 Report CardRead our 2014 Report Card for Hoeven »
Our unique analysis of the bills Hoeven has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hoeven is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
John Hoeven sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Nutrition, Specialty Crops, and Agricultural Research
- Member, Subcommittee on Commodities, Risk Management and Trade
- Member, Subcommittee on Rural Development and Energy
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Department of Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
Some of Hoeven’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 259: A bill to modify the efficiency standards for grid-enabled water heaters.
- S.Res. 41: A resolution congratulating the North Dakota State University football team for winning the ...
- S. 184: Native American Children’s Safety Act
- S. 1: Keystone XL Pipeline Approval Act
- S. 2894: A bill to streamline the oil and gas permitting process and to recognize ...
- S. 2823: North American Energy Infrastructure Act
- S.Res. 549: A resolution designating October 26, 2014, as Day of the Deployed.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Mar 2015, Hoeven missed 17 of 1,209 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Joint Resolution Passed 53/46
Sen. Hoeven [R-ND]: YeaMar 4, 2015 11:38 a.m.
Motion to Proceed Agreed to 53/45
Sen. Hoeven [R-ND]: YeaMar 3, 2015 2:18 p.m.
Cloture Motion Rejected 47/43
Sen. Hoeven [R-ND]: YeaMar 2, 2015 5:30 p.m.