Our unique analysis of the bills Hoeven has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hoeven is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Hoeven for more statistics.
John Hoeven sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Nutrition, Specialty Crops, and Agricultural Research
- Member, Subcommittee on Commodities, Risk Management and Trade
- Member, Subcommittee on Rural Development and Energy
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Department of Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
Hoeven sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Energy (35%) Armed Forces and National Security (15%) Environmental Protection (13%) Sports and Recreation (10%) Emergency Management (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) Agriculture and Food (6%) Transportation and Public Works (6%)
Some of Hoeven’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3262: Illegal Synthetic Drug Safety Act of 2016
- S. 3229: Capital for Farmers and Ranchers Act of 2016
- S. 3001: Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2017
- S.Res. 419: A resolution congratulating the University of North Dakota men’s hockey team for winning ...
- S. 2446: Improving Coal Combustion Residuals Regulation Act of 2016
- S.Res. 345: A resolution congratulating the North Dakota State University football team for winning the ...
- S.Res. 294: A resolution designating October 26, 2015, as Day of the Deployed.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2016, Hoeven missed 20 of 1,616 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is on par with the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: