Hostettler, a Republican, was the representative for Indiana’s 8th congressional district from 1995 to 2006.
Hostettler is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hostettler sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Hostettler sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (25%) Law (19%) Armed Forces and National Security (14%) Families (10%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%) Labor and Employment (8%) Taxation (8%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (6%)
Some of Hostettler’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4240 (109th): Secure America Act of 2005
- H.R. 3410 (109th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide a religious ...
- H.R. 3409 (109th): Federal Tax Withholding Act of 2005
- H.R. 2679 (109th): Veterans’ Memorials, Boy Scouts, Public Seals, and Other Public Expressions of Religion ...
- H.R. 2293 (109th): To provide special immigrant status for aliens serving as translators with the ...
- H.R. 1243 (109th): Secure Access to Firearms Enhancement (SAFE) Act of 2005
- H.R. 1100 (109th): Marriage Protection Act of 2005
From Jan 1995 to Dec 2006, Hostettler missed 139 of 7,172 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is better than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: