Our unique analysis of the bills Katko has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Katko is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Katko for more statistics.
John Katko sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Homeland Security
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Katko sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Katko’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5934: Dangerous Synthetic Drug Control Act of 2016
- H.R. 5728: Cuban Airport Security Act of 2016
- H.R. 5338: Checkpoint Optimization and Efficiency Act of 2016
- H.R. 4985: Kingpin Designation Improvement Act of 2016
- H.R. 4699: Working Parents Flexibility Act of 2016
- H.R. 4698: Securing Aviation from Foreign Entry Points and Guarding Airports Through Enhanced Security Act ...
- H.R. 4613: HEART Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Katko missed 19 of 1,259 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 3 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: