Kennedy is the junior senator from Louisiana and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2017. Kennedy is next up for reelection in 2022.
Read our 2017 Report Card for Kennedy.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
John Kennedy sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Border Security and Immigration
- Member, Subcommittee on Crime and Terrorism
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight, Agency Action, Federal Rights and Federal Courts
- Member, Subcommittee on Privacy, Technology and the Law
- Member, Subcommittee on the Constitution
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Kennedy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Kennedy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2635: Ending the Fentanyl Crisis Act of 2018
- S. 2556: Welfare Of Our Furry Friends (WOOFF) Act
- S. 2547: CLASS Act
- S. 2510: Open Internet Preservation Act
- S. 2481: Stop Trafficking in Fentanyl Act of 2018
- S. 2448: American Innovation and Manufacturing Act of 2018
- S. 2326: PRENDA
|Kennedy’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1892: Further Extension of Continuing Appropriations Act, 2018; Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2018, the SUSTAIN Care Act of 2018; Family First Prevention Services Act.; Honoring Hometown ...
Feb 9, 2018. Motion Agreed to 71/28.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of funding for the federal government through March 23, 2018, to avert a government shutdown that would have occurred on February 9, 2018 had this bill not been enacted. The bill was introduced as the Honoring Hometown Heroes ...
H.J.Res. 123: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2018, and for other purposes.
Dec 7, 2017. Joint Resolution Passed 81/14.
On the Nomination PN999: Gregory G. Katsas, of Virginia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia Circuit
Nov 28, 2017. Nomination Confirmed 50/48.
H.J.Res. 111: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection relating to “Arbitration ...
Oct 24, 2017. Joint Resolution Passed 51/50.
H.J.Res. 111 would disapprove and nullify the rule issued by the Bureau of Consumer Protection (CFPB) on July 10, 2017, regarding final arbitration pertaining to consumer finance contracts. The Congressional Review Act, enacted in 1996, establishes special congressional procedures for disapproving a broad range of ...
From Jan 2017 to Apr 2018, Kennedy missed 0 of 405 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: