Kennedy, a Republican, is the junior senator from Louisiana and has served since Jan 3, 2017. Kennedy is next up for reelection in 2022.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
John Kennedy sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Border Security and Immigration
- Member, Subcommittee on Crime and Terrorism
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight, Agency Action, Federal Rights and Federal Courts
- Member, Subcommittee on Privacy, Technology and the Law
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Kennedy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (100%)
Some of Kennedy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2082: Visa Lottery Repeal Act
- S. 1718: 75th Anniversary of the End of World War II Commemorative Coin Act
- S. 1709: Targeting Child Predators Act of 2017
- S. 1150: Medicaid Reform and Personal Responsibility Act of 2017
- S. 1058: National Flood Insurance Program Consultant Accountability Act of 2017
- S. 923: Reforming Finance for Local Economies Act
|Kennedy’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.J.Res. 111: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection relating to “Arbitration ...
Oct 24, 2017. Joint Resolution Passed 51/50.
H.J.Res. 111 would disapprove and nullify the rule issued by the Bureau of Consumer Protection (CFPB) on July 10, 2017, regarding final arbitration pertaining to consumer finance contracts. The Congressional Review Act, enacted in 1996, establishes special congressional procedures for disapproving a broad range of ...
S. 89: A bill to amend title 46, United States Code, to exempt old vessels that only operate within inland waterways from the fire-retardant materials requirement if the ...
Apr 3, 2017. Bill Passed 85/12.
On the Nomination PN43: Mike Pompeo, of Kansas, to be Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
Jan 23, 2017. Nomination Confirmed 66/32.
This vote confirmed Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-KS4), a three-term Congressman first elected in 2010, as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. * * * Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-KS4), a three-term Congressman first elected in 2010, was President-elect Donald Trump’s nominee to serve as CIA Director. ...
From Jan 2017 to Nov 2017, Kennedy missed 0 of 280 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: