Our unique analysis of the bills Kline has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Kline is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Kline for more statistics.
John Kline sits on the following committees:
Kline sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Kline’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3549: VA Billing Accountability Act
- H.R. 3459: Protecting Local Business Opportunity Act
- H.R. 1768: Workforce Democracy and Fairness Act
- H.R. 1500: To ensure that certain TRICARE program beneficiaries may enroll in TRICARE Prime regardless ...
- H.R. 1189: Preserving Employee Wellness Programs Act
- H.R. 843: Western Great Lakes Wolf Management Act of 2015
- H.R. 844: To require a plan approved by the Surface Transportation Board for the long-term ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Kline’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 2040: Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act
Sep 28, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 1314: Trade Act of 2015
Oct 28, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2016, Kline missed 68 of 10,082 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: