Kuhl was the representative for New York’s 29th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2005 to 2008.
Kuhl is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kuhl sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Kuhl was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 4515 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4422 West Sciota Street in Scio, New York, as the “Corporal Jason L. Dunham Post ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Kuhl sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (17%) Health (17%) Economics and Public Finance (15%) Taxation (12%) Energy (11%) Transportation and Public Works (11%) Commerce (9%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%)
Some of Kuhl’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 98 (110th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to limit ...
- H.R. 6866 (110th): To direct the Secretary of the Interior to conduct a special resource ...
- H.R. 6788 (110th): SCHIP Full Funding Extension Act of 2008
- H.R. 6619 (110th): Savings for the Uninsured on Rx Expenses (SURE) Act of 2008
- H.R. 6490 (110th): Promoting the Safe Use of the Internet by Students Act of 2008
- H.R. 6360 (110th): Disabled Public Safety Officers Fairness Act of 2008
- H.R. 6249 (110th): H-HOMERUN Act of 2008
|Kuhl’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2638 (110th): Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009
Sep 24, 2008. Passed 370/58.
H.R. 5819 (110th): SBIR/STTR Reauthorization Act
Apr 23, 2008. Passed 368/43.
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2005 to Dec 2008, Kuhl missed 39 of 3,090 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: