LeBoutillier was the representative for New York’s 6th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1981 to 1982.
LeBoutillier is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills LeBoutillier sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 1977 to Dec 21, 1982. See full analysis methodology.
LeBoutillier sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
LeBoutillier recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 7112 (97th): Arctic Penitentiary Act of 1982
- H.R. 7010 (97th): Foreign Surveillance Prevention Act of 1982
- H.R. 6235 (97th): Mandatory Retirement Abolition Act of 1982
- H.R. 6098 (97th): Helen Keller National Center Act
- H.R. 5191 (97th): Helen Keller National Center Act
- H.Con.Res. 191 (97th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress that all athletic …
- H.Con.Res. 188 (97th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress that the National …
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 1981 to Dec 1982, LeBoutillier missed 96 of 812 roll call votes, which is 11.8%. This is worse than the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills