Linder is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Linder sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Linder was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.J.Res. 62 (106th): To grant the consent of Congress to the boundary change between Georgia and South Carolina.
- H.R. 379 (105th): For the relief of Larry Errol Pieterse.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Linder sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Linder’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5891 (111th): Poverty Measurement Improvement Act
- H.R. 5885 (111th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to terminate the advance ...
- H.Con.Res. 118 (111th): Supporting the goals of Smart Irrigation Month, which recognizes the advances in ...
- H.Con.Res. 18 (111th): Expressing the sense of Congress that the United States should resume normal ...
- H.R. 25 (111th): Fair Tax Act of 2009
- H.R. 135 (111th): Twenty-First Century Water Commission Act of 2009
- H.R. 25 (110th): Fair Tax Act of 2007
|Linder’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
H.R. 2638 (110th): Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009
Sep 24, 2008. Passed 370/58.
H.Res. 1284 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the House amendments to the Senate amendment to the ...
Jun 19, 2008. Passed 342/83.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2010, Linder missed 486 of 11,825 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: