Our unique analysis of the bills McCollister sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1976. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). McCollister is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
McCollister sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of McCollister’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 15615 (94th): A bill to amend the meat import law in order to limit ...
- H.R. 14636 (94th): A bill to authorize construction of the modified project for Papillion Creek ...
- H.R. 14612 (94th): A bill for the relief of Gaspar Louis Sayoc.
- H.R. 14455 (94th): Consumer Communications Reform Act
- H.R. 13180 (94th): Sales Representatives Protection Act
- H.R. 13111 (94th): Sales Representatives Protection Act
- H.J.Res. 870 (94th): Joint resolution to authorize the President to issue a proclamation designating the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1971 to Oct 1976, McCollister missed 261 of 3,000 roll call votes, which is 8.7%. This is on par with the median of 8.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1976. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills