Our unique analysis of the bills McKernan sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1986. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). McKernan is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of McKernan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5630 (99th): A bill amending title 46, United States Code, to permit vessels owned ...
- H.R. 4590 (99th): A bill relating to certain foreign labor subsidies for which relief may ...
- H.R. 3988 (99th): A bill to enhance the enforcement of laws conserving American lobster.
- H.R. 3856 (99th): Recreational Marine Craft Act of 1985
- H.R. 3830 (99th): A bill to provide for a Samantha Smith Memorial Exchange and Scholarship ...
- H.R. 3798 (99th): A bill to authorize the establishment of a Merchant Ship Revolving Fund, ...
- H.R. 3226 (99th): A bill for the relief of Guy R. Allen.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Oct 1986, McKernan missed 41 of 1,796 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is better than the median of 6.2% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills