Mica, a Republican, was the representative for Florida’s 7th congressional district from 1993 to 2016.
Read our 2016 Report Card for Mica.
Mica is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Mica sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Mica was the primary sponsor of 25 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 4056 (114th): To direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to convey to the Florida Department of Veterans Affairs all right, title, and interest of the United States to the ...
- H.R. 4348 (112th): MAP-21
- H.R. 6064 (112th): Temporary Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2012
- H.R. 6058 (112th): Temporary Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2012
- H.R. 6057 (112th): Temporary Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2012
- H.R. 4097 (112th): John F. Kennedy Center Reauthorization Act of 2012
- H.R. 4281 (112th): Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2012
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Mica sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Mica’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5341 (114th): To amend title 5, United States Code, to provide for recalculation of ...
- H.R. 4056 (114th): To direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to convey to the Florida ...
- H.R. 3149 (114th): Baggage Fee Fairness Act of 2015
- H.R. 1835 (114th): Air Traffic Controller Reform and Employee Stock Ownership Act of 2015
- H.R. 1948 (113th): Clean Water Cooperative Federalism Act of 2013
- H.R. 1592 (113th): To provide for the conveyance of the David W. Dyer Federal Building ...
- H.R. 6430 (112th): Public Buildings Reform Act of 2012
|Mica’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 5108 (113th): To establish the Law School Clinic Certification Program of the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and ...
Sep 15, 2014. Passed 327/22.
H.R. 863 (113th): Commission to Study the Potential Creation of a National Women’s History Museum Act
May 7, 2014. Passed 383/33.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 1704 (111th): Honoring the 2500th anniversary of the Battle of Marathon.
Dec 8, 2010. Passed 359/44.
H.R. 6707 (110th): Taking Responsible Action for Community Safety Act
Sep 27, 2008. Failed 243/175.
H.R. 2638 (110th): Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009
Sep 24, 2008. Passed 370/58.
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2016, Mica missed 225 of 15,960 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. ProPublica has tracked 16 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: