Read our 2017 Report Card for Moolenaar.
Moolenaar is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Moolenaar has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
John Moolenaar sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government
- Member, Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
Moolenaar sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Moolenaar’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6116: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 362 ...
- H.Res. 824: Opposing the detention and deportation of Iraqi Chaldean Christians.
- H.R. 2381: Autocycle Safety Act
- H.R. 1476: Native American Health Savings Improvement Act
- H.R. 775: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to inflation adjust the $5,000 ...
- H.R. 5639 (114th): National Institute of Standards and Technology Improvement Act of 2016
- H.Res. 791 (114th): Supporting the recognition of 2016 as the “Year of Pulse Crops” and ...
|Moolenaar’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 863: To facilitate the addition of park administration at the Coltsville National Historical Park, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2017. Passed 369/42.
H.J.Res. 43: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the final rule submitted by Secretary of Health and Human Services relating ...
Feb 16, 2017. Passed 230/188.
Joe Biden never got the opportunity to break a single 50-50 Senate tie in eight years as vice president. Mike Pence has already broken two. One from last month has since become law: a measure allowing states to withhold federal Planned Parenthood funding. (The other ...
H.R. 5798: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1101 Davis Street in Evanston, Illinois, as the “Abner J. Mikva Post Office Building”.
Sep 22, 2016. Passed 392/22.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 623: Social Media Working Group Act of 2015
Feb 2, 2015. Passed 328/51.
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2018, Moolenaar missed 20 of 2,450 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: