Read our 2016 Report Card for Moolenaar.
Our unique analysis of the bills Moolenaar has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Moolenaar is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
John Moolenaar sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government
- Member, Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
Moolenaar sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Moolenaar’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2381: Autocycle Safety Act
- H.R. 1476: Native American Health Savings Improvement Act
- H.R. 775: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to inflation adjust the $5,000 ...
- H.R. 5639 (114th): National Institute of Standards and Technology Improvement Act of 2016
- H.Res. 791 (114th): Supporting the recognition of 2016 as the “Year of Pulse Crops” and ...
- H.R. 5452 (114th): Native American Health Savings Improvement Act
- H.R. 5013 (114th): Safe Water and Nutrition Access Act
|Moolenaar’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 863: To facilitate the addition of park administration at the Coltsville National Historical Park, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2017. Passed 369/42.
H.R. 5798: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1101 Davis Street in Evanston, Illinois, as the “Abner J. Mikva Post Office Building”.
Sep 22, 2016. Passed 392/22.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 623: Social Media Working Group Act of 2015
Feb 2, 2015. Passed 328/51.
From Jan 2015 to Jun 2017, Moolenaar missed 17 of 1,655 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: