Our unique analysis of the bills Napier sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Napier is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Napier sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Napier’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7043 (97th): Jobs Incentive Act of 1982
- H.R. 5628 (97th): A bill to make Federal crop insurance and Farmers Home Administration loans ...
- H.R. 5195 (97th): A bill to amend title II of the Social Security Act to ...
- H.R. 5148 (97th): A bill to establish the Veterans’ Administration as an executive department.
- H.R. 5122 (97th): A bill to exclude certain back pay awards from Federal income taxation, ...
- H.R. 4857 (97th): Taxpayers Court Costs and Fees Act of 1981
- H.R. 4402 (97th): Farm Irrigation Property Tax Incentives Act of 1981
From Jan 1981 to Dec 1982, Napier missed 71 of 812 roll call votes, which is 8.7%. This is on par with the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congress-Legislators, a community project collecting election information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills