Our unique analysis of the bills Peterson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Peterson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Peterson was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Peterson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Economics and Public Finance (21%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Energy (13%) Law (13%) Commerce (13%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (11%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (7%) Agriculture and Food (7%)
Some of Peterson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6709 (110th): National Conservation, Environment, and Energy Independence Act
- H.Con.Res. 402 (110th): Recognizing the historical significance of the discovery of oil and the birth ...
- H.R. 5149 (110th): To suspend temporarily the duty on dry adhesive copolyamide pellets.
- H.R. 4988 (110th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on Orgasol.
- H.R. 4989 (110th): To suspend temporarily the duty on stainless steel single piece exhaust gas ...
- H.R. 3510 (110th): To prohibit the imposition and collection of tolls on certain highways constructed ...
- H.R. 2784 (110th): National Environment and Energy Development Act
|Peterson’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 1525 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the bill (H.R. 1424) to amend section 712 of ...
Oct 3, 2008. Passed 223/205.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 3246 (110th): Regional Economic and Infrastructure Development Act of 2007
Oct 4, 2007. Passed 264/154.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
H.R. 835 (110th): Hawaiian Homeownership Opportunity Act of 2007
Mar 21, 2007. Failed 262/162.
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2008, Peterson missed 789 of 7,708 roll call votes, which is 10.2%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: