Rarick was the representative for Louisiana’s 6th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 1967 to 1974.
Rarick is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1974 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Rarick sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 1973 to Dec 20, 1974. See full analysis methodology.
Rarick sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Rarick’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 15872 (93rd): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to allow ...
- H.R. 15846 (93rd): A bill to amend the internal Revenue Code of 1954 to provide ...
- H.R. 15496 (93rd): A bill to amend title XI of the Social Security Act to ...
- H.R. 15384 (93rd): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to provide ...
- H.R. 15283 (93rd): Forest and Related Resources Planning Act
- H.R. 15023 (93rd): A bill to amend title II of the Social Security Act to ...
- H.R. 14700 (93rd): A bill to amend title XI of the Social Security Act to ...
From Jan 1967 to Dec 1974, Rarick missed 525 of 2,648 roll call votes, which is 19.8%. This is much worse than the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills