Our unique analysis of the bills Ratcliffe has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ratcliffe is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Ratcliffe for more statistics.
John Ratcliffe sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection, and Security Technologies
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation Security
- House Committee on the Judiciary
Ratcliffe sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Ratcliffe’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6034: Classified Information Protection Act of 2016
- H.R. 5877: United States-Israel Advanced Research Partnership Act of 2016
- H.R. 5388: Support for Rapid Innovation Act of 2016
- H.R. 5389: Leveraging Emerging Technologies Act of 2016
- H.R. 5222: Iran Cyber Sanctions Act of 2016
- H.R. 4930: TSARA
- H.R. 4880: Protecting Lives Using Surplus Equipment Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Ratcliffe missed 8 of 1,277 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: