Our unique analysis of the bills Rhodes sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1992. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Rhodes is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Rhodes’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6070 (102nd): To establish a demonstration project under which payment shall be made under ...
- H.R. 5947 (102nd): Amending the Metric Conversion Act of 1975 to prohibit the expenditure of ...
- H.R. 5932 (102nd): To provide for the resolution of the conflicting water rights claims for ...
- H.R. 5694 (102nd): Land and Water Conservation Fund Equity Act of 1992
- H.R. 5686 (102nd): To make technical amendments to certain Federal Indian statutes.
- H.J.Res. 475 (102nd): Designating August 7, 1992, as “Battle of Guadalcanal Remembrance Day”.
- H.R. 5002 (102nd): Medicare Beneficiary Access and Financial Protection Act of 1992
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1987 to Oct 1992, Rhodes missed 44 of 2,775 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is better than the median of 4.3% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills