Rose is the representative for Tennessee’s 6th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2019. Rose is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Rose.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Rose sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Crime and Law Enforcement (100%)
Some of Rose’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 139: Honoring Peyton Manning on being named to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- H.R. 893: Court Shopping Deterrence Act
- H.R. 592: To amend title 28, United States Code, to expand the definition of “other ...
- H.R. 5358 (116th): To amend title 28, United States Code, to expand the definition of ...
- H.Res. 667 (116th): Providing for bipartisan subpoena authority during the 116th Congress.
- H.R. 4367 (116th): Fight Illicit Finance through Technical Assistance Act of 2019
- H.R. 4219 (116th): To amend title 28, United States Code, to provide that an appeal ...
From Jan 2019 to Mar 2021, Rose missed 29 of 1,016 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: