Rose is the representative for Tennessee’s 6th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2019. Rose is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Rose.
Rose is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Rose has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 22, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
John Rose sits on the following committees:
Rose sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Rose’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2486: Haulers of Agriculture and Livestock Safety Act of 2021
- H.Res. 139: Honoring Peyton Manning on being named to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- H.R. 893: Court Shopping Deterrence Act
- H.R. 592: To amend title 28, United States Code, to expand the definition of “other ...
- H.R. 5358 (116th): To amend title 28, United States Code, to expand the definition of ...
- H.Res. 667 (116th): Providing for bipartisan subpoena authority during the 116th Congress.
- H.R. 4367 (116th): Fight Illicit Finance through Technical Assistance Act of 2019
From Jan 2019 to Jun 2021, Rose missed 29 of 1,134 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: