Rousselot was the representative for California’s 26th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1975 to 1982.
He was previously the representative for California’s 24th congressional district as a Republican from 1969 to 1974; and the representative for California’s 25th congressional district as a Republican from 1961 to 1962.
Rousselot is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Rousselot sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 1977 to Dec 21, 1982. See full analysis methodology.
Rousselot was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3313 (95th): A bill for the relief of Mark Charles Mieir and Liane Maria Mieir.
- H.R. 8151 (94th): A bill to authorize the President of the United States to present in the name of Congress, a medal to Brig. Gen. Charles E. Yeager.
- H.R. 3339 (93rd): An Act for the relief of Delmira DeBow.
- H.R. 1366 (93rd): For the relief of Juan Marcos Cordova-Campos.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Rousselot sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Rousselot’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7245 (97th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 relative to ...
- H.Res. 571 (97th): A resolution to return to the Senate the bill, H.R. 4961, together ...
- H.R. 6987 (97th): Residential Mortgage Investment Act of 1982
- H.Res. 541 (97th): A resolution to return to the Senate the bill, H.R. 4961, together ...
- H.R. 6873 (97th): A bill to amend the Tax Reform Act of 1969 with respect ...
- H.R. 4900 (97th): A bill to amend title II of the Social Security Act to ...
- H.J.Res. 292 (97th): A joint resolution honoring Mexican Americans for their cultural contributions to the ...
From Jan 1961 to Dec 1982, Rousselot missed 981 of 7,025 roll call votes, which is 14.0%. This is much worse than the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills