Read our 2017 Report Card for Rutherford.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
John Rutherford sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Border and Maritime Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Communications
House Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Rutherford sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Rutherford’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4555: DHS Interagency Counterterrorism Task Force Act of 2017
- H.R. 4132: Veterans Affairs Physician Recruitment Act of 2017
- H.R. 3965: Veterans Armed for Success Act
- H.R. 3265: E-2 Visa Improvement Act of 2017
- H.R. 2831: Maritime Security Coordination Improvement Act
- H.R. 2471: Terrorist Release Announcements to Counter Extremist Recidivism Act
- H.R. 2190: Streamlining DHS Overhead Act
|Rutherford’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
From Jan 2017 to Jan 2018, Rutherford missed 62 of 753 roll call votes, which is 8.2%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: