Rutherford, a Republican, is the representative for Florida's 4th congressional district (view map) and has served since Jan 3, 2017. Rutherford is next up for reelection in 2018.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
John Rutherford sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Border and Maritime Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Communications
House Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Rutherford sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Rutherford’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4132: Veterans Affairs Physician Recruitment Act of 2017
- H.R. 3965: Veterans Armed for Success Act
- H.R. 3265: E-2 Visa Improvement Act of 2017
- H.R. 2831: Maritime Security Coordination Improvement Act
- H.R. 2471: Terrorist Release Announcements to Counter Extremist Recidivism Act
- H.R. 2190: Streamlining DHS Overhead Act
- H.R. 2103: Julian Woods Yellow Ribbon Program Expansion Act
|Rutherford’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 1695: Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017
Apr 26, 2017. Passed 378/48.
This bill would change the appointment process for the head of the U.S. Copyright Office, known as the Register of Copyrights. Currently the Register of Copyrights is hired by the Librarian of Congress (who is the head of the Library of Congress). This bill would ...
From Jan 2017 to Nov 2017, Rutherford missed 61 of 637 roll call votes, which is 9.6%. This is much worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: