John Rutherford sits on the following committees:
Rutherford sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Rutherford’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3265: E-2 Visa Improvement Act of 2017
- H.R. 2831: Maritime Security Coordination Improvement Act
- H.R. 2471: Terrorist Release Announcements to Counter Extremist Recidivism Act
- H.R. 2190: Streamlining DHS Overhead Act
- H.R. 2103: Julian Woods Yellow Ribbon Program Expansion Act
- H.R. 1294: Reducing DHS Acquisition Cost Growth Act
|Rutherford’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 1695: Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017
Apr 26, 2017. Passed 378/48.
This bill would change the appointment process for the head of the U.S. Copyright Office, known as the Register of Copyrights. Currently the Register of Copyrights is hired by the Librarian of Congress (who is the head of the Library of Congress). This bill would ...
From Jan 2017 to Sep 2017, Rutherford missed 61 of 529 roll call votes, which is 11.5%. This is much worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: