Our unique analysis of the bills Salazar sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Salazar is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Salazar was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5706 (111th): To designate the building occupied by the Government Printing Office located at 31451 East United Avenue in Pueblo, Colorado, as the “Frank Evans Government Printing Office Building”.
- H.R. 171 (111th): Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area Act
- H.R. 170 (111th): Dominguez-Escalante National Conservation Area and Dominguez Canyon Wilderness Area Act
- H.R. 1659 (110th): Rural Colorado Water Infrastructure Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Salazar sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (20%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Water Resources Development (14%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Environmental Protection (11%) Transportation and Public Works (11%) Energy (8%)
Some of Salazar’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6493 (111th): Curecanti National Recreation Area Boundary Establishment Act of 2010
- H.R. 5974 (111th): To direct the Secretary of Education to pay to Fort Lewis College ...
- H.R. 5916 (111th): Methamphetamine Prevention Campaign Grant Program Act of 2010
- H.R. 5798 (111th): To name the Department of Veterans Affairs telehealth clinic in Craig, Colorado, ...
- H.R. 5706 (111th): To designate the building occupied by the Government Printing Office located at ...
- H.R. 5362 (111th): To provide for the release of water from the marketable yield pool ...
- H.R. 5223 (111th): Chimney Rock National Monument Act of 2010
|Salazar’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 989 (111th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the United States should adopt national policies and ...
Jun 9, 2010. Failed 241/170.
H.R. 2749 (111th): Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009
Jul 29, 2009. Failed 280/150.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
H.R. 249 (110th): To restore the prohibition on the commercial sale and slaughter of wild free-roaming horses and burros.
Apr 26, 2007. Passed 277/137.
From Jan 2005 to Dec 2010, Salazar missed 120 of 4,745 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: