Our unique analysis of the bills Sarbanes has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Sarbanes is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Sarbanes for more statistics.
John Sarbanes sits on the following committees:
Sarbanes sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Sarbanes’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4234: Primary Care Physician Reentry Act of 2015
- H.R. 4206: 21st Century Power Grid Act
- H.R. 3680: Co-Prescribing to Reduce Overdoses Act of 2016
- H.R. 3579: Federal Firefighter Flexibility and Fairness Act
- H.R. 882: No Child Left Inside Act of 2015
- H.R. 20: Government By the People Act of 2015
- H.R. 5498 (113th): Primary Care Physician Reentry Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Sep 2016, Sarbanes missed 106 of 7,600 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 17 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: