Schwarz was the representative for Michigan’s 7th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2005 to 2006.
Schwarz is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Schwarz sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2001 to Dec 8, 2006. See full analysis methodology.
Schwarz sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Schwarz’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6403 (109th): Bridges of Hope for Transitional Health Insurance Act of 2006
- H.R. 5958 (109th): American TEOS Act of 2006
- H.R. 5513 (109th): Home Oxygen Patient Protection Act of 2006
- H.R. 5358 (109th): Science and Mathematics Education for Competitiveness Act
- H.R. 3962 (109th): To amend the Public Health Service Act to provide liability protections for ...
- H.Res. 262 (109th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the Secretary of ...
- H.J.Res. 44 (109th): Honoring the life and legacy of Frederick William Augustus von Steuben and ...
From Jan 2005 to Dec 2006, Schwarz missed 34 of 1,214 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: