Our unique analysis of the bills Seymour sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 1992. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Seymour is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Seymour’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3374 (102nd): Lake Tahoe Water Quality Protection Act of 1992
- S. 3365 (102nd): Central Valley Project Fish and Wildlife Act of 1992
- S. 3286 (102nd): A bill to amend the Endangered Species Act of 1973 to provide ...
- S. 3264 (102nd): Criminal Aliens Impact and Removal Act of 1992
- S. 3252 (102nd): A bill relating to the collection of delinquent child support payments.
- S. 3246 (102nd): A bill to amend titles II and XVI of the Social Security ...
- S. 3247 (102nd): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1991 to Oct 1992, Seymour missed 54 of 550 roll call votes, which is 9.8%. This is much worse than the median of 4.7% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills