Our unique analysis of the bills Shadegg sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Shadegg is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Shadegg was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4519 (109th): State High Risk Pool Funding Extension Act of 2006
- H.R. 2647 (106th): Ak-Chin Water Use Amendments Act of 1999
- H.R. 4151 (105th): Identity Theft and Assumption Deterrence Act of 1998
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Shadegg sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Shadegg’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5804 (111th): Billfish Conservation Act of 2010
- H.R. 5658 (111th): Securing Knowledge, Innovation, and Leadership Act of 2010
- H.R. 3802 (111th): Wireless Freedom Act
- H.Res. 796 (111th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that no American should ...
- H.R. 3218 (111th): Improving Health Care for All Americans Act
- H.R. 3217 (111th): Health Care Choice Act of 2009
- H.R. 2956 (111th): To remove the additional tariff on ethanol.
|Shadegg’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 2965 (111th): Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal Act of 2010
Jul 8, 2009. Passed 386/41.
The Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act of 2010 (H.R. 2965, S. 4023) is a landmark United States federal statute enacted in December 2010 that established a process for ending the Don't ask, don't tell (DADT) policy (10 U.S.C. § 654), thus allowing gays, lesbians, ...
H.R. 2638 (110th): Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009
Sep 24, 2008. Passed 370/58.
H.R. 5819 (110th): SBIR/STTR Reauthorization Act
Apr 23, 2008. Passed 368/43.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1995 to Dec 2010, Shadegg missed 301 of 10,699 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: