Sununu is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the Senate in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Sununu sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Sununu was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 2478 (110th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 59 Colby Corner in East Hampstead, New Hampshire, as the “Captain Jonathan D. ...
- S. 1896 (110th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 11 Central Street in Hillsborough, New Hampshire, as the “Officer Jeremy Todd Charron ...
- S. 4001 (109th): New England Wilderness Act of 2006
- S. 2271 (109th): USA PATRIOT Act Additional Reauthorizing Amendments Act of 2006
- S. 2167 (109th): PATRIOT Act Extension bill
- S. 1047 (109th): Presidential $1 Coin Act of 2005
- S. 1692 (108th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 38 Spring Street in Nashua, New Hampshire, as the “Hugh Gregg Post Office ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Sununu sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (23%) Law (18%) Commerce (13%) Science, Technology, Communications (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) Social Welfare (9%) Finance and Financial Sector (8%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%)
Some of Sununu’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3394 (110th): A bill to prevent the undermining of the judgments of courts of ...
- S. 2478 (110th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service ...
- S.Res. 353 (110th): A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding the importance of ...
- S. 2128 (110th): Permanent Internet Tax Freedom Act of 2007
- S.Res. 304 (110th): A resolution congratulating Charles Simic on being named the 15th Poet Laureate ...
- S. 1915 (110th): Electronic Prescription Drug Act of 2007
- S. 1896 (110th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service ...
|Sununu’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1424 (110th): Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007
Oct 1, 2008. Bill Passed 74/25.
This is the Senate's October 2008 Economic Stimulus Relief Bill. This bill was originally introduced in March 2007 and passed the House as the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008. In October 2008, it was co-opted as the so-called "vehicle" to pass the relief bill ...
H.R. 7081 (110th): United States-India Nuclear Cooperation Approval and Nonproliferation Enhancement Act
Oct 1, 2008. Bill Passed 86/13.
H.R. 6124 (110th): Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008
Jun 18, 2008. Veto Overridden 80/14.
H.R. 2419 (110th): Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008
Dec 14, 2007. Bill Passed 79/14.
The Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (Pub.L. 110–234, H.R. 2419, 122 Stat. 923, enacted May 22, 2008, also known as the 2008 U.S. Farm Bill) was a $288 billion, five-year agricultural policy bill that was passed into law by the United States Congress ...
On the Nomination PN177: Gen. George W. Casey, Jr., in the Army, to be General
Feb 8, 2007. Nomination Confirmed 83/14.
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2008, Sununu missed 58 of 1,977 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: