Our unique analysis of the bills Sweeney sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Sweeney is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Sweeney sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (18%) Crime and Law Enforcement (18%) Law (15%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Commerce (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Health (9%) Education (8%)
Some of Sweeney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6071 (109th): High Risk Terrorism Prevention Initiative of 2006
- H.R. 5820 (109th): Federal Agency Data Privacy Protection Act
- H.R. 5708 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 5334 (109th): Small Scale Disaster Small Business Assistance Act of 2006
- H.R. 5287 (109th): Hunting Heritage Protection Act
- H.R. 5274 (109th): Boating Safety Tax Incentive Act
- H.R. 5188 (109th): Jane’s Law
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1999 to Dec 2006, Sweeney missed 415 of 4,645 roll call votes, which is 8.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: