Read our 2018 Report Card for Yarmuth.
Yarmuth is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Yarmuth has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 20, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
John Yarmuth sits on the following committees:
Yarmuth was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5524 (110th): Reconnecting Homeless Youth Act of 2008
- H.R. 4454 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3050 Hunsinger Lane in Louisville, Kentucky, as the “Iraq and Afghanistan Fallen Military Heroes of ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Yarmuth sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Yarmuth’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 293: Providing for budget enforcement for fiscal year 2020.
- H.R. 2050: ACHE Act
- H.R. 2021: Investing for the People Act of 2019
- H.Res. 193: Providing amounts for the expenses of the Committee on the Budget in the ...
- H.J.Res. 33: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relating to contributions ...
- H.R. 636: Muhammad Ali Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 635: Muhammad Ali Legacy Act
From Jan 2007 to May 2019, Yarmuth missed 343 of 9,097 roll call votes, which is 3.8%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: