Our unique analysis of the bills Yarmuth has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Yarmuth is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Yarmuth for more statistics.
John Yarmuth sits on the following committees:
Yarmuth sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Yarmuth’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 857: Expressing support for designation of the week of September 12 through 16, 2016 ...
- H.Res. 686: Expressing support for efforts to enhance Israeli security and create the conditions for ...
- H.J.Res. 53: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relating to contributions ...
- H.R. 2125: Keeping Our Campaigns Honest Act of 2015
- H.R. 1779: Runaway and Homeless Youth and Trafficking Prevention Act of 2015
- H.R. 966: Ready-to-Compete Act
- H.R. 912: ACHE Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Sep 2016, Yarmuth missed 295 of 7,618 roll call votes, which is 3.9%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 70 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: