Read our 2019 Report Card for Yarmuth.
Yarmuth is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Yarmuth has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 17, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
John Yarmuth sits on the following committees:
Yarmuth was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3877: Bipartisan Budget Act of 2019
- H.R. 2021: Investing for the People Act of 2019
- H.R. 5524 (110th): Reconnecting Homeless Youth Act of 2008
- H.R. 4454 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3050 Hunsinger Lane in Louisville, Kentucky, as the “Iraq and Afghanistan Fallen Military Heroes of ...
Does 4 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Yarmuth sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Yarmuth’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1124: Expressing support for designation of the week of September 21 through 26, 2020, ...
- H.R. 7950: Emergency Family Stabilization Act
- H.R. 6628: Congressional Power of the Purse Act
- H.R. 5191: Runaway and Homeless Youth and Trafficking Prevention Act of 2019
- H.Res. 669: Expressing support for designation of the week of November 3 through 9, 2019, ...
- H.Res. 568: Expressing support for designation of the week of September 22 through 28, 2019, ...
- H.R. 4284: Advancing Growth in the Economy through Distilled Spirits Act
From Jan 2007 to Sep 2020, Yarmuth missed 354 of 9,772 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: