Zwach was the representative for Minnesota’s 6th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1967 to 1974.
Zwach is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1974 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Zwach sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 1973 to Dec 20, 1974. See full analysis methodology.
Zwach sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Agriculture and Food (23%) Government Operations and Politics (23%) Housing and Community Development (15%) Taxation (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Education (6%) Animals (6%) Health (5%)
Some of Zwach’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 1093 (93rd): Joint resolution to authorize the President to issue a proclamation designating the ...
- H.R. 15559 (93rd): A bill to amend section 5051 of the Internal Revenue Code of ...
- H.R. 15501 (93rd): A bill to amend section 502 (b) of the Mutual Security Act ...
- H.R. 15389 (93rd): A bill to authorize the Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space ...
- H.R. 15068 (93rd): A bill to amend part B of title XI of the Social ...
- H.R. 14525 (93rd): American Folklife Preservation Act
- H.R. 13905 (93rd): A bill to amend title II of the Social Security Act to ...
From Jan 1967 to Dec 1974, Zwach missed 325 of 2,648 roll call votes, which is 12.3%. This is on par with the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills