Rep. Jon Christensen
Former Representative from Nebraska's 2nd District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Nebraska's 2nd District
See Also: Bioguide
Christensen was a far-right Republican leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Christensen’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Christensen’s bills had a total of 617 cosponsors in the 105th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Christensen to other members of the House of Representatives in the 105th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Christensen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4025 (105th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow employers a ...
- H.R. 3722 (105th): Independent Contractor Tax Simplification Act of 1998
- H.R. 3512 (105th): Pay for Your Stay Act
- H.Con.Res. 212 (105th): Expressing the sense of the Congress relating to the European Union’s ban ...
- H.Con.Res. 190 (105th): Authorizing the use of the rotunda of the Capitol for the congressional ...
- H.R. 2397 (105th): To amend title 38, United States Code, to extend eligibility for hospital ...
- H.Con.Res. 142 (105th): Authorizing the use of the Capitol rotunda for the Senate Thanksgiving Celebration.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Dec 1998, Christensen missed 77 of 2,527 roll call votes, which is 3.0%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills