Rep. Jon Hinson
Former Representative from Mississippi's 4th District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Mississippi's 4th District
See Also: Bioguide
Hinson was a moderate Republican follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Hinson’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Hinson’s bills had a total of 0 cosponsors in the 97th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Hinson to other members of the House of Representatives in the 97th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Hinson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1095 (97th): Legal Fees Reimbursement Act of 1981
- H.R. 1105 (97th): Smaller Enterprise Regulatory Improvement Act
- H.R. 1106 (97th): Radioactive Waste Management Act of 1981
- H.R. 1072 (97th): Senior Citizens Health Insurance Reform Act of 1981
- H.R. 1090 (97th): Capital Cost Recovery Act of 1981
- H.R. 1101 (97th): Tax Rate Reduction and Indexing Act of 1981
- H.R. 1084 (97th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to subject ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Apr 1981, Hinson missed 160 of 1,277 roll call votes, which is 12.5%. This is worse than the median of 7.2% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Apr 1981. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills