Our unique analysis of the bills Hinson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hinson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hinson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hinson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1095 (97th): Legal Fees Reimbursement Act of 1981
- H.R. 1105 (97th): Smaller Enterprise Regulatory Improvement Act
- H.R. 1106 (97th): Radioactive Waste Management Act of 1981
- H.R. 1072 (97th): Senior Citizens Health Insurance Reform Act of 1981
- H.R. 1090 (97th): Capital Cost Recovery Act of 1981
- H.R. 1101 (97th): Tax Rate Reduction and Indexing Act of 1981
- H.R. 1084 (97th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to subject ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Apr 1981, Hinson missed 175 of 1,294 roll call votes, which is 13.5%. This is much worse than the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Apr 1981. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills