Read our 2014 Report Card for Runyan.
Our unique analysis of the bills Runyan sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Runyan is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Runyan was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 569 (113th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2013
- H.R. 4114 (112th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2012
- H.R. 1407 (112th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2011
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Runyan sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Runyan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4230 (113th): To limit the retirement of KC-10 aircraft.
- H.R. 4096 (113th): American Heroes COLA Act of 2014
- H.R. 4095 (113th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2014
- H.R. 2423 (113th): Disabled Veterans’ Access to Medical Exams Improvement Act
- H.Con.Res. 31 (113th): Supporting Rare Pituitary Disease Awareness.
- H.R. 1300 (113th): To amend the Fish and Wildlife Act of 1956 to reauthorize the ...
- H.R. 874 (113th): Alice Paul Women’s Suffrage Congressional Gold Medal Act
|Runyan’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 803 (113th): Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
Mar 15, 2013. Passed 215/202.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 1231 (112th): Reversing President Obama’s Offshore Moratorium Act
May 12, 2011. Passed 243/179.
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2014, Runyan missed 88 of 2,810 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: