Read our 2014 Report Card for Runyan.
Our unique analysis of the bills Runyan sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Runyan is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Runyan was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 569 (113th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2013
- H.R. 4114 (112th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2012
- H.R. 1407 (112th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2011
- H.R. 1441 (112th): To amend title 38, United States Code, to codify the prohibition against the reservation of gravesites at Arlington National Cemetery, and for other purposes.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Runyan sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Runyan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4230 (113th): To limit the retirement of KC-10 aircraft.
- H.R. 4096 (113th): American Heroes COLA Act of 2014
- H.R. 4095 (113th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2014
- H.R. 2423 (113th): Disabled Veterans’ Access to Medical Exams Improvement Act
- H.Con.Res. 31 (113th): Supporting Rare Pituitary Disease Awareness.
- H.R. 1300 (113th): To amend the Fish and Wildlife Act of 1956 to reauthorize the ...
- H.R. 874 (113th): Alice Paul Women’s Suffrage Congressional Gold Medal Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Runyan’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 803 (113th): Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
Mar 15, 2013. Passed 215/202.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 6082 (112th): Congressional Replacement of President Obama’s Energy-Restricting and Job-Limiting Offshore Drilling Plan
Jul 25, 2012. Passed 253/170.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 1231 (112th): Reversing President Obama’s Offshore Moratorium Act
May 12, 2011. Passed 243/179.
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2014, Runyan missed 88 of 2,810 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: