Runyan was the representative for New Jersey’s 3rd congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2011 to 2014.
Read our 2014 Report Card for Runyan.
Runyan is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Runyan sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2009 to Dec 11, 2014. See full analysis methodology.
Runyan was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 569 (113th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2013
- H.R. 4114 (112th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2012
- H.R. 1407 (112th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2011
- H.R. 1441 (112th): To amend title 38, United States Code, to codify the prohibition against the reservation of gravesites at Arlington National Cemetery, and for other purposes.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Runyan sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Runyan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4230 (113th): To limit the retirement of KC-10 aircraft.
- H.R. 4096 (113th): American Heroes COLA Act of 2014
- H.R. 4095 (113th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2014
- H.R. 2423 (113th): Disabled Veterans’ Access to Medical Exams Improvement Act
- H.Con.Res. 31 (113th): Supporting Rare Pituitary Disease Awareness.
- H.R. 1300 (113th): To amend the Fish and Wildlife Act of 1956 to reauthorize the ...
- H.R. 874 (113th): Alice Paul Women’s Suffrage Congressional Gold Medal Act
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2014, Runyan missed 88 of 2,810 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: