Read our 2016 Report Card for Ernst.
Our unique analysis of the bills Ernst has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ernst is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Joni Ernst sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Rural Development and Energy
- Member, Subcommittee on Livestock, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Nutrition, Specialty Crops, and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Ernst was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- S.J.Res. 13: A joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the final rule submitted by the Secretary of Health and Human ...
- S. 1550 (114th): Program Management Improvement Accountability Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Ernst sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Ernst’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1243: A bill to require sexual assault prevention and response training for all individuals ...
- S. 1151: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide a ...
- S. 1038: A bill to require the Administrator of the Small Business Administration to submit ...
- S. 926: Global War on Terrorism War Memorial Act
- S. 925: VETS Act of 2017
- S. 307: Department of Defense Emergency Response Capabilities Database Enhancement Act of 2017
- S.J.Res. 13: A joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, ...
|Ernst’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Sep 28, 2016. Bill Passed 72/26.
H.R. 22: Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act
Dec 3, 2015. Conference Report Agreed to 83/16.
H.R 22, formerly the Hire More Heroes Act, has become the Senate’s vehicle for passage of the Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act or DRIVE Act (S. 1647). The DRIVE Act is a major bipartisan transportation bill that would authorize funding ...
From Jan 2015 to May 2017, Ernst missed 0 of 639 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: