Our unique analysis of the bills Ernst has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ernst is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Ernst for more statistics.
Joni Ernst sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Rural Development and Energy
- Member, Subcommittee on Livestock, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Nutrition, Specialty Crops, and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Federal Spending Oversight and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Ernst sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Ernst’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3336: A bill to provide arsenal installation.
- S. 3124: Sarah’s Law
- S.Con.Res. 41: A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress on the Peshmerga of the ...
- S.Res. 487: A resolution commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps program ...
- S. 2975: Federal Information Systems Safeguards Act of 2016
- S. 2847: Prove It Act of 2016
- S. 2759: Credit for Caring Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Ernst missed 0 of 490 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: