Read our 2016 Report Card for Crowley.
Our unique analysis of the bills Crowley has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Crowley is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Joseph “Joe” Crowley sits on the following committees:
Crowley was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 2607 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 7802 37th Avenue in Jackson Heights, New York, as the “Jeanne and Jules Manford Post ...
- H.R. 3413 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1449 West Avenue in Bronx, New York, as the “Private Isaac T. Cortes Post Office”.
- H.R. 5901 (111th): Real Estate Jobs and Investment Act of 2010
- H.R. 5051 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 23 Genesee Street in Hornell, New York, as the “Zachary Smith Post Office Building”.
- H.J.Res. 83 (111th): Approving the renewal of import restrictions contained in the Burmese Freedom and Democracy Act of 2003, and for other purposes.
- H.J.Res. 56 (111th): Approving the renewal of import restrictions contained in the Burmese Freedom and Democracy Act of 2003, and for other purposes.
- H.J.Res. 93 (110th): Approving the renewal of import restrictions contained in the Burmese Freedom and Democracy Act of 2003.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Crowley sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Crowley’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3306: To authorize a national grant program for on-the-job training.
- H.Res. 453: Electing a Member to certain standing committees of the House of Representatives.
- H.R. 3250: To provide aliens who performed rescue, recovery, demolition, debris cleanup, or other related ...
- H.Res. 439: Electing a Member to a certain standing committee of the House of Representatives.
- H.R. 3094: On-the-Job Training Act of 2017
- H.R. 2559: Bike to Work Act of 2017
- H.R. 2267: Resident Physician Shortage Reduction Act of 2017
|Crowley’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2842: Accelerating Individuals into the Workforce Act
Jun 23, 2017. Passed 377/34.
H.R. 2842 connects low-income Americans looking for work with employers looking to fill job openings, including through apprenticeships and other forms of on-the-job training. Specifically, the legislation provides funding for states to subsidize employment for a limited time for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) ...
H.Res. 546: Providing for consideration of the conference report to accompany the bill (H.R. 22) to authorize funds for Federal-aid ...
Dec 3, 2015. Passed 384/40.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
From Jan 1999 to Jul 2017, Crowley missed 401 of 12,712 roll call votes, which is 3.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 88 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: