DioGuardi was the representative for New York’s 20th congressional district as a Republican. He served from 1985 to 1988.
DioGuardi is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1988 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills DioGuardi sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 1983 to Oct 22, 1988. See full analysis methodology.
DioGuardi was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.J.Res. 569 (100th): A joint resolution designating June 12 through 18, 1988, as “Lyme Disease Awareness Week”.
- H.J.Res. 549 (99th): A joint resolution to designate June 1986 as “Youth Suicide Prevention Month”.
- H.J.Res. 193 (99th): A joint resolution to authorize and request the President to designate the month of June 1985 as “Youth Suicide Prevention Month”.
- H.R. 1205 (99th): Children’s Justice Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
DioGuardi sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Housing and Community Development (18%) Crime and Law Enforcement (15%) Economics and Public Finance (15%) International Affairs (13%) Immigration (13%) Taxation (11%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Labor and Employment (7%)
Some of DioGuardi’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5322 (100th): A bill to amend the Judicial Survivors’ Annuity Act to eliminate the ...
- H.R. 5331 (100th): A bill for the relief of Joan Daronco.
- H.Res. 525 (100th): A resolution urging that Congress adopt the “Freedom” song written by composer ...
- H.Res. 526 (100th): A resolution to amend the Rules of the House of Representatives to ...
- H.R. 5127 (100th): Long Island Sound Superfund Act of 1988
- H.J.Res. 569 (100th): A joint resolution designating June 12 through 18, 1988, as “Lyme Disease ...
- H.R. 4513 (100th): Congressional Foreign Travel Accountability Act of 1988
From Jan 1985 to Oct 1988, DioGuardi missed 65 of 1,829 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is better than the median of 5.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1988. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills