Rep. Joseph Fisher
Former Representative from Virginia's 10th District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Virginia's 10th District
See Also: Bioguide
Fisher was a moderate Democratic leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Fisher’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Fisher’s bills had a total of 827 cosponsors in the 96th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Fisher to other members of the House of Representatives in the 96th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Fisher’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8332 (96th): A bill for the relief of Chi K. Lee.
- H.R. 8231 (96th): National Payments in Lieu of Taxes Act of 1980
- H.R. 8160 (96th): A bill to amend the Safe Drinking Water Act to permit small ...
- H.R. 8152 (96th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to encourage ...
- H.R. 8123 (96th): Small Business Investment Act of 1980
- H.R. 8092 (96th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to repeal ...
- H.R. 8072 (96th): A bill for the relief of Dr. David Pass.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Dec 1980, Fisher missed 77 of 4,075 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is better than the median of 7.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills