Our unique analysis of the bills Fisher sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1980. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Fisher is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Fisher sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (31%) Private Legislation (26%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Social Welfare (8%) International Affairs (8%) Labor and Employment (6%) Housing and Community Development (4%) Transportation and Public Works (4%)
Some of Fisher’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8332 (96th): A bill for the relief of Chi K. Lee.
- H.R. 8231 (96th): National Payments in Lieu of Taxes Act of 1980
- H.R. 8160 (96th): A bill to amend the Safe Drinking Water Act to permit small ...
- H.R. 8152 (96th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to encourage ...
- H.R. 8123 (96th): Small Business Investment Act of 1980
- H.R. 8092 (96th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to repeal ...
- H.R. 8072 (96th): A bill for the relief of Dr. David Pass.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Dec 1980, Fisher missed 77 of 4,089 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is better than the median of 8.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills