Our unique analysis of the bills Heck has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Heck is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Heck for more statistics.
Joseph Heck sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Department of Defense Intelligence and Overhead Architecture
- Member, Subcommittee on Emerging Threats
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
Heck sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (24%) Health (16%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (16%) Education (11%) Immigration (11%) Housing and Community Development (8%) Taxation (8%) Labor and Employment (8%)
Some of Heck’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6049: Protection from Insurance Exchange Monopolies Act
- H.R. 5528: Simplifying the Application for Student Aid Act
- H.R. 5529: Accessing Higher Education Opportunities Act
- H.R. 5295: Safeguarding Economic Needs Important to Our Retirees through Creating an Ongoing Living Adjustment ...
- H.R. 5152: Career and Technical Education Equity Act
- H.R. 4670: Mojave National Preserve Boundary Adjustment Act of 2016
- H.R. 3969: To designate the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in Laughlin, Nevada, ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Heck’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 764: A bill to reauthorize and amend the National Sea Grant College Program Act, and for other purposes.
Jul 14, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2028: Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016
May 1, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2016, Heck missed 75 of 4,129 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: