Our unique analysis of the bills Heck has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Heck is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Heck for more statistics.
Joseph Heck sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Department of Defense Intelligence and Overhead Architecture
- Member, Subcommittee on Emerging Threats
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
Heck sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (24%) Health (16%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (16%) Education (11%) Immigration (11%) Taxation (8%) Labor and Employment (8%) Housing and Community Development (8%)
Some of Heck’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6049: Protection from Insurance Exchange Monopolies Act
- H.R. 5528: Simplifying the Application for Student Aid Act
- H.R. 5529: Accessing Higher Education Opportunities Act
- H.R. 5295: Safeguarding Economic Needs Important to Our Retirees through Creating an Ongoing Living Adjustment ...
- H.R. 5152: Career and Technical Education Equity Act
- H.R. 4670: Mojave National Preserve Boundary Adjustment Act of 2016
- H.R. 3969: To designate the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in Laughlin, Nevada, ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Heck missed 73 of 4,076 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: