2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Heck »
Our unique analysis of the bills Heck has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Heck is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Joseph Heck sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Department of Defense Intelligence and Overhead Architecture
- Member, Subcommittee on Emerging Threats
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
Heck sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Heck’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5152: To amend the hold harmless provision for career and technical education assistance grants ...
- H.R. 4670: Mojave National Preserve Boundary Adjustment Act of 2016
- H.R. 3969: To designate the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in Laughlin, Nevada, ...
- H.R. 3177: Simplifying the Application for Student Aid Act
- H.R. 2927: To authorize Hispanic-serving institutions receiving grants under part A of title V of ...
- H.R. 2854: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the occupational tax ...
- H.R. 2476: Seniors’ Health Care Choice Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Apr 2016, Heck missed 40 of 3,692 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: