Rep. Joseph Kennedy II
Former Representative from Massachusetts’s 8th District
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||Massachusetts's 8th District|
See Also: Bioguide
Our unique analysis of the bills Kennedy sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Kennedy is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Kennedy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4848 (105th): Free Annual Credit Report Act of 1998
- H.R. 4686 (105th): Long-Term Care Patient Protection Act of 1998
- H.R. 3661 (105th): Persian Gulf War Veterans’ Health and Medical Research Act of 1998
- H.R. 3660 (105th): National Research Investment Act of 1998
- H.R. 3439 (105th): Credit Union Community Reinvestment Act
- H.R. 3060 (105th): Rent-To-Own Reform Act of 1997
- H.R. 2997 (105th): Fairness in the Workplace Commission Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1987 to Dec 1998, Kennedy missed 263 of 6,424 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills