Our unique analysis of the bills Kennedy has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Kennedy is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Kennedy for more statistics.
Joseph Kennedy III sits on the following committees:
Kennedy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Kennedy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5722: John F. Kennedy Centennial Commission Act
- H.R. 5411: Fair Care for Kids Act
- H.R. 5362: Mental and Behavioral Health Care Bump Act of 2016
- H.R. 5272: Do No Harm Act
- H.R. 5197: Interdictions Assistance Act
- H.R. 4333: Zero Tolerance for Terror Act
- H.R. 4276: Behavioral Health Coverage Transparency Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2016, Kennedy missed 83 of 2,385 roll call votes, which is 3.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: