Read our 2018 Report Card for Kennedy.
Kennedy is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kennedy has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 24, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Joseph Kennedy III sits on the following committees:
Kennedy was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3192: CHIP Mental Health Parity Act
- H.R. 1762: POWER Act
- H.R. 1652: Over-the-Counter Hearing Aid Act of 2017
- H.R. 5722 (114th): John F. Kennedy Centennial Commission Act
- H.R. 2939 (113th): To award the Congressional Gold Medal to Shimon Peres.
- H.R. 915 (113th): To authorize the Peace Corps Commemorative Foundation to establish a commemorative work in the District of Columbia and its environs, and for other purposes.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Kennedy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Kennedy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3276: Fair AMP Act
- H.R. 3133: Gay and Trans Panic Defense Prohibition Act of 2019
- H.R. 2874: Behavioral Health Coverage Transparency Act
- H.R. 1920: Medicaid Bump Act
- H.R. 1879: Stabilize Medicaid and CHIP Coverage Act
- H.R. 1450: Do No Harm Act
- H.R. 1194: Graduate Student Savings Act of 2019
From Jan 2013 to Jun 2019, Kennedy missed 196 of 4,153 roll call votes, which is 4.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: