Our unique analysis of the bills Knollenberg sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Knollenberg is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Knollenberg was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 32 (109th): Stop Counterfeiting in Manufactured Goods Act
- H.R. 3058 (109th): Transportation, Treasury, Housing and Urban Development, the Judiciary, the District of Columbia, and Independent Agencies Appropriations Act, 2006
- H.R. 4837 (108th): Military Construction Appropriations and Emergency Hurricane Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2005
- H.R. 2559 (108th): Military Construction Appropriations Act, 2004
- H.R. 2944 (107th): District of Columbia Appropriations Act, 2002
- H.R. 4884 (106th): To redesignate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 200 West 2nd Street in Royal Oak, Michigan, as the “William S. Broomfield Post Office ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Knollenberg sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Commerce (17%) Economics and Public Finance (16%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) Labor and Employment (11%) Taxation (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Education (10%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (9%)
Some of Knollenberg’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1366 (110th): Recognizing Honor Flight Michigan, Inc., for its important work in recognizing World ...
- H.R. 5917 (110th): New Bridging Industry and Government Through Hi-Tech Research on Energy Efficiency Act ...
- H.R. 5816 (110th): Coordinated American Response To Extreme Radicals Act
- H.Res. 953 (110th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that all Americans should ...
- H.R. 5126 (110th): Family Security and Small Business Stimulus Act of 2008
- H.R. 3745 (110th): Mandarin Language Teaching Grant Act of 2007
- H.R. 2886 (110th): Japan Currency Manipulation Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2008, Knollenberg missed 160 of 10,170 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 8 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: