Knollenberg is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Knollenberg sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Knollenberg was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 32 (109th): Stop Counterfeiting in Manufactured Goods Act
- H.R. 3058 (109th): Transportation, Treasury, Housing and Urban Development, the Judiciary, the District of Columbia, and Independent Agencies Appropriations Act, 2006
- H.R. 4837 (108th): Military Construction Appropriations and Emergency Hurricane Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2005
- H.R. 2559 (108th): Military Construction Appropriations Act, 2004
- H.R. 2944 (107th): District of Columbia Appropriations Act, 2002
- H.R. 4884 (106th): To redesignate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 200 West 2nd Street in Royal Oak, Michigan, as the “William S. Broomfield Post Office ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Knollenberg sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Commerce (17%) Economics and Public Finance (16%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) Taxation (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Labor and Employment (11%) Education (10%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (9%)
Some of Knollenberg’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1366 (110th): Recognizing Honor Flight Michigan, Inc., for its important work in recognizing World ...
- H.R. 5917 (110th): New Bridging Industry and Government Through Hi-Tech Research on Energy Efficiency Act ...
- H.R. 5816 (110th): Coordinated American Response To Extreme Radicals Act
- H.Res. 953 (110th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that all Americans should ...
- H.R. 5126 (110th): Family Security and Small Business Stimulus Act of 2008
- H.R. 3745 (110th): Mandarin Language Teaching Grant Act of 2007
- H.R. 2886 (110th): Japan Currency Manipulation Act
|Knollenberg’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6578 (110th): Consumer Energy Supply Act of 2008
Jul 24, 2008. Failed 268/157.
H.R. 6515 (110th): Drill Responsibly in Leased Lands Act of 2008
Jul 17, 2008. Failed 244/173.
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2008, Knollenberg missed 160 of 10,170 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 8 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: