Maraziti was the representative for New Jersey’s 13th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1973 to 1974.
Maraziti is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1974 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Maraziti sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 1973 to Dec 20, 1974. See full analysis methodology.
Maraziti was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Maraziti sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Labor and Employment (26%) Armed Forces and National Security (24%) Transportation and Public Works (11%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (7%) Agriculture and Food (7%) Taxation (7%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Maraziti recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 17650 (93rd): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code to provide tax deductions …
- H.R. 17551 (93rd): A bill to prohibiting the shipment in interstate commerce of dogs intended …
- H.R. 17376 (93rd): A bill to prohibit the shipment in interstate commerce of dogs intended …
- H.R. 17327 (93rd): A bill to deauthorize permanently the construction of the Tocks Island Dam …
- H.R. 17233 (93rd): A bill to prohibit the shipment in interstate commerce of dogs intended …
- H.R. 17217 (93rd): A bill to deauthorize permanently the construction of the Tocks Island Dam …
- H.R. 17216 (93rd): A bill to prohibit the shipment in interstate commerce of dogs intended …
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 1973 to Dec 1974, Maraziti missed 160 of 1,078 roll call votes, which is 14.8%. This is worse than the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills