Read our 2019 Report Card for Morelle.
Morelle is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Morelle has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 30, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Joseph Morelle sits on the following committees:
Morelle was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 540: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 770 Ayrault Road in Fairport, New York, as the “Louise and Bob Slaughter Post Office”.
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Morelle sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Morelle’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1028: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 2) to authorize funds for Federal-aid ...
- H.R. 6508: State Operations Stabilization (SOS) Act
- H.R. 6217: HOPE Act of 2020
- H.Res. 883: Expressing support for designation of March 3, 2020, as National Triple-Negative Breast Cancer ...
- H.Res. 765: Providing for consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. 1158) to ...
- H.Res. 748: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 729) to amend the Coastal Zone ...
- H.R. 5313: Multifamily Depreciation Parity Act of 2019
From Nov 2018 to Jul 2020, Morelle missed 25 of 923 roll call votes, which is 2.7%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: