Read our 2018 Report Card for Morelle.
Morelle is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Morelle has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Apr 22, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Joseph Morelle sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Budget
House Committee on Education and Labor
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions
- House Committee on Rules
Morelle sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Morelle’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2184: Reach Every Veteran in Crisis Act
- H.Res. 294: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 1644) to restore the open internet ...
- H.R. 1982: National Women’s Hall of Fame Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 1583: Senior and Disability Home Modification Assistance Initiative Act
- H.Res. 166: Expressing support for designation of March 3, 2019, as National Triple-Negative Breast Cancer ...
- H.Res. 105: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 840) to amend title 38, United ...
- H.Res. 61: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 648) making appropriations for the fiscal ...
|Morelle’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 2322: CURD Act
Dec 20, 2018. Failed 230/162.
H.R. 2: Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018
Dec 12, 2018. Passed 369/47.
See the Congressional Research Service's 122-page summary of the bill. * * * H.R. 2 amends and extends major programs for income support, food and nutrition, land conservation, trade promotion, rural development, research, forestry, horticulture, and other miscellaneous programs administered by the Department of Agriculture ...
From Nov 2018 to Apr 2019, Morelle missed 3 of 251 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: